Please note that BACPAR disclaims any responsibility or liability for the content of any linked websites
- www.csp.org.uk - This site is the home page of the CSP
- The iCSP amputee rehabilitation network is available to all BACPAR members including associate members
- Scottish Physiotherapy Amputation Research Group (SPARG) - c/o Sally.Thomson@northglasgow.scot.nhs.uk or Lwhitehead@nhs.net http://www.knowledge.scot.nhs.uk/sparg.aspx
- www.ispo.org.uk - The International Society of Prosthetics and Orthotics, United Kingdom
- www.bapo.com - The British Association of Prosthetists and Orthotists
- www.vascularsociety.org.uk - The Vascular Society
- http://www.circulationfoundation.org.uk/help-advice - for patient information on many aspects of vascular disease
- www.limbless-association.org - The Limbless Association
- www.limblossinformationcentre.com - A resource centre for those with acquired and congenital limb loss.
- www.limbpower.com A charity who aim to offer relief to the physically disabled by aiding rehabilitation and improving the quality of life through the medium of recreational and competitive sports and arts
- www.limbcare.org - A Charity which aims to supply information that is free and available to anyone who wishes to learn more about life as an amputee and the opportunities available to the limb impaired.
- www.vso.org.uk - Work with VSO and help people in the world's poorest countries get the healthcare they so desperately need.
- www.physiofirst.org.uk - Organisation of Chartered Physiotherapists in private practice.
- www.therapy-directory.org.uk - Information about complimentary therapists and a facility to search
for a practitioner in your area.
- www.parasport.org.uk - Parasport has been designed to inform, educate, inspire and signpost disabled people to high quality sporting opportunities.
- http://wcpt.org/ar -This is the World Confederation Physical Therapy Network for Amputee Rehabilitation. Open to Physiotherapists who are a member of a WCPT member organisation e.g. the CSP -who have an interest in or who work in Amputee rehabilitation.
- http://aftertrauma.org - this is a new website launched by the Royal London Hospital. The
website aims to provide a community for patients and families to rebuild lives and support each other after experiencing a traumatic injury. In the future it is hoped there will also be resources for
Organisations related to Amputee Rehabilitation
- The Limbless Association - www.limbless-association.org The Limbless Association, Unit 16 Waterhouse Business Centre, 2 Cromar Way, Chelmsford, Essex, CM1 2QE. Telephone: 01245 216670, 01245 216671, 01245 216672, 01245 216674 Help Line: 0800 644 0185 Legal Panel: 0800 644 0186. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- British Limbless Ex-Service Men's Association (BLESMA) - www.blesma.org - Frankland Moore House, 185-187 High Rd, Chadwell Heath, Romford, Essex RM6 6NA - Tel 020 8590 1124, Fax 020 8599 2932.
- The Disabled Living Foundation - www.dlf.org.uk - 380-384 Harrow Road, London, W9 2HU - Tel 020 7286 6111.
- British Amputee and Les Autres Sports Association (BALASA) - E-mail: email@example.com - Tel 0120 449 4308.
- Murray Foundation - 9 Charlotte Square, Edinburgh EH2 4DR Tel 01691 680 635 email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- REACH - www.reach.org.uk Pearl Assurance House, Brook Street, Tavistock, Devon PL19 0BN Tel 0845 1306 225
- Steps - www.steps-charity.org.uk - Wright House, Crouchley Lane, Lymm, Cheshire WA13 0AS Tel 01925 750271
- Special Interest Group Amputee Management (SIGAM) - c/o British Society of Rehabilitation Medicine (BSRM), Royal College of Physicians, 11 St Andrews Place, London, NW1 4CE - Tel 01992 638865, Fax 01992 638905 - email: email@example.com
- Medico Legal Association of Chartered Physiotherapists (MLACP) - A group of physiotherapists providing reports and expert knowledge for legal purposes. A forum for physiotherapists involved in medico legal work. http://mlacp.org.uk/
Regional Amputee Rehabilitation Services (UK)
- Cambridge Disablement Services Centre , Box 120, Addenbrookes NHS Trust Hospital, Hills Road, Cambridge, CB2 2QQ - Tel 01223 217859
- Norwich Re-enablement Services Centre , Julian Hospital, 201 Bowthorpe Road, Norwich, NR2 3UD - Tel 01603 216956
- Maltings Mobility Centre, Wolverhampton , Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust, The Maltings, Herbert Street, Wolverhamton WV1 1NQ - Tel 01902 444041
- North Midlands Limb Fitting Centre, The Haywood, High Lane, Burslem, Stoke-on-Trent, ST6 7AG - Tel 01782 673600
- West Midlands Rehabilitation Centre, 91 Oak Tree Lane, Selly Oak, Birmingham, B29 6JA - Tel 0121 4663000
- Amputee Rehabilitation Centre, Derby Royal Infirmary, Uttoxeter New Road, Derby, DE22 3NE - Tel 01332 788929
- Regional Disablement Services, Musgrave Park Hospital, Greenpark Healthcare Trust, Stork Manns Lane, Belfast BT9 75B - Tel 02890 902 700
- The Specialised Ability Centre Manchester, Ability House, Altrincham Road, Sharston, Manchester M22 4NY- Tel 0161 611 3700/3800
- Wirral Limb Centre, Clatter Bridge Hospital, Bebington, Wirral CH63 454 - Tel 0151 482 7812
- Prosthetics and Wheelchair Centre, Aintree Hospitals NHS Trust, University Hospital Aintree, Lower Lane, Liverpool L9 7AL - Tel 0151 5293030
- Specialist Mobility Rehabilitation Centre Preston Business Centre, Watling Street South, Preston, Lancashire. PR2 8DY- Tel 01772 716921
North East Thames
- Harold Wood Disablement Services Centre , Havering Primary Care Trust, Harold Wood Hospital, Gubbins Lane, Harold Wood, Romford, Essex, RM3 0AR - Tel 0300 300 1849
North West Thames
- Holderness Limb Fitting Centre, Lower Ground Floor, Charing Cross Hospital, Fulham Palace Road, W6 8RF - Tel 020 8846 1144
- Luton & Dunstable Hospital NHS Trust, Lewsey Rd, Luton, Bedfordshire, UU4 0D2 - Tel 01582 497121
- Stanmore Disablement Services Centre, The Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital Trust, Brockley Hill, Stanmore, Middlesex, HA7 4LP - Tel 020 8954 0020
- Carlisle Disablement Services Centre, N. Cumbria Acute Hospitals NHS Trust, Cumberland Infirmary, Newtown Road, Cumbria CA2 7HY - Tel 01642 854286
- Disablement Services Centre, The James Cook University Hospital, Morton Road, Middlebrough TS4 3BW - Tel 01642 854286
- Newcastle Disablement Services Centre, Freeman Road, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, NE7 7AF - Tel 0191 223 1184
- Northampton Enablement Centre, Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust, Billing House, Cliftonville, Northampton, NN1 5BD - Tel 01604 545891
- Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust , Oxford Prosthetics Service, Windmill Road, Headington, Oxford, OX3 7LD - Tel 01865 227295
- Bristol Centre for Enablement, Highwood Pavilions, Jupiter Road, Patchway, BS34 5BW - Tel 0300 3000110
- Dorset Prosthetic Centre , Royal Bournemouth Hospital, Castle Lane East, Bournemouth, BH7 7DW - Tel 01202 704363
- Exeter Mobility Centre , Royal Devon & Exeter Healthcare NHS Trust, Wonford Road, Exeter, Devon, EX2 4DU - Tel 01392 403649
- Plymouth Primary Care NHS Trust , Disablement Services Centre, 1 Brest Way, Derriford, Plymouth, PL6 5XW - Tel 01752 792776
South East Thames
- Guys and St Thomas NHS Trust - Bowley Close Rehabilitation Centre , Bowley Close, Farquhar Road, Crystal Palace, London, SE10 1SZ - Tel 020 349 7700
- Sussex Community NHS Trust , Sussex Rehabilitation Centre, Brighton General Hospital, Elm Grove, Brighton, Sussex, BN2 3EX - Tel 01273 242160
- Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Trust , Gillingham Disablement Services Centre, Medway Hospital, Windmill Road, Gillingham, Kent ME7 5PA - Tel 01634 833927
South West Thames
- Douglas Bader Rehabilitation Centre , St Georges University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton Lane, London SW15 5PN - Tel 0208 487 6000
- Grampian University Hospital NHS Trust , Mobility and Rehab. Services, Wooden Hospital, Eday Road, Aberdeen, AB15 6LS - Tel 01224 556840
- Medical Physics Department , Raigmore Hospital, Inverness, IV2 34J - Tel 01463 704000
- SMART Centre, Astley Ainslie Hospital, 133 Grange Loan, Edinburgh, EH9 2HL. Tel: +44(0)131 537 9444, Fax: +44(0)131 537 9552
- Tayside Orthopaedic Rehab. Technology Centre , Ninewells Hospital, Dundee, DD1 9SY - Tel 01382 496317
- Westmarc, West of Scotland Mobility & Rehab. Centre , South Glasgow University Hospitals NHS Trust, 1345 Govan Road, Glasgow, G51 4TF - Tel 0141 2012639/36
The Specialist Mobility Centre , 17A Meridian East, Leicester, LE19 1WZ. Tel - 01162823500
- Nottingham Mobility Centre , Nottingham City Hospital NHS Trust, Hucknall Road, Nottingham, NG5 1PJ - Tel 0115 9691169 Ext 55688/57535
- Cardiff & Vale NHS Trust , Rookwood Hospital, Fairwater Road, Llandaff, Cardiff, F5 2YN - Tel 02920 415415
Artificial Limb & Appliance Service, Specialist Rehabilitation Centre, Morriston Hospital, Swansea, SA6 6LG - Tel 01792 703015
- Wrexham Artificial Limb & Appliance Centre , North East Wales NHS Trust, Croesnewydd Road, Wrexham, LL13 7NT - Tel 0333 385 0055
- Portsmouth Enablement Centre, St Mary's Community Health Campus, Milton Road, Portsmouth PO3 6BR - Tel 02392 680162
- Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust , Artificial Limb Unit, Sykes Street, Hull, HU2 8BB - Tel 01482 315662
- Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust , Prosthetics Services, Seacroft Hospital, York Road, Leeds LS14 6UH - Tel 0113 2063 638
- Northern General Hospital, Mobility and Specialised Rehabilitation Centre, Herries Road, Sheffield S5 7AU - Tel 0114 271 5807